GrayZone has been fighting piracy and copyright infringement since 1986. As the first company to see the promises and challenges of the Internet for the music industry and other content providers, we have closely monitored the rapidly changing landscape over the years. We were there from the early days of bootleg albums, illegal pressing plants and eBay auctions, the introduction of online filesharing sites like Napster, and torrent sites like BitTorrent. We maintain our news archives, reports of RIAA seizures and a repository of GrayZone Quarterly Digests for those interested in the history of music piracy and copyright infringement.
Read previously posted articles regarding anti-piracy efforts around the world and recent developments and discussions relating to piracy, copyright infringement and trademark issues.
View our monthly reports of RIAA Anti-Piracy Seizure Information, from 2002 to 2009.
Our Quarterly Digest, published from 1996-2011, featured the following:
- Headline News: Anti-piracy and copyright news.
- Artist's Corner: Recording artists in the news.
- Busts: News regarding anti-piracy and copyright busts.
- Worldwide Update: Piracy news from around the world.
- Legal Beagle: News from the legal efforts in anti-piracy and copyright.
The GrayZone digests can also be downloaded in PDF format.